AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko

Morocco would need to spend nearly $16 billion to prepare to web host the 2026 World Cup, along with every proposed stadium and coaching ground built from scratch or refurbished, the bid said Saturday.

Along with less than three months to go until the FIFA vote, the north African country presented the first significant details of the proposal to take on the joint bet from the United States, Canada and South america.

The North American bid plans in order to rely on existing infrastructure, including big NFL stadiums already hosting activities.

For the first time, a high-risk bid that will not meet FIFA’s expectations on services and profit can be disqualified prior to the governing body’s congress votes upon June 13.

When FIFA officials score the particular bids , infrastructure : of which half relates to stadiums : will account for 70 percent from the panel’s mark. The remaining 30 percent is founded on projected costs and revenues.

Regarding $3 billion, Morocco said it may build nine stadiums, refurbish 5 others and build or refurbish 130 training grounds. That is section of the $12. 6 billion in public expenditure that also requires hospital providers being upgraded in 20 metropolitan areas and transport networks improved for that World Cup after the jump through 32 to 48 participating countries.

The bid said another $3. 2 billion of private purchase is required to build hotels containing close to 30, 000 rooms.

Morocco’s bet team told The Associated Push the projections had been “carefully costed” but could not provide a breakdown about how the figures were reached.

9 new stadiums are planned, which includes a 93, 000-capacity home for your national team in Casablanca that could stage the opening game plus final in 2026.

Stadiums might also be built in Oujda (45, 600) and Tetouan (45, 600), planners said. New arenas to fit close to 46, 000 fans are prepared in Casablanca, Marrakech, El Jadida, Meknes, Nador and Ouarzazate using the intention of downsizing them to unspecified capacities after the World Cup.

The particular five existing stadiums that need improving are in Marrakech (95, 565), Agadir (46, 048), Fez (46, 092), Rabat (46, 500) and Tangier (65, 000).

Morocco has installed four unsuccessful World Cup offers, most recently for the 2010 tournament, as the United States was host in 1994 and was beaten in the election for the 2022 event.

The North American bid integrated 23 cities , which includes 17 in the United States, in documents posted to FIFA on Friday.

60 games would be played in the Oughout. S. under the bid plan, which includes all from the quarterfinals on. 3 cities were included from South america and Canada, who would stage ten games each.

Although the U. S i9000. has a substantial stock of current stadiums, the bid’s plans had been rocked last week by three towns dropping out citing burdensome monetary demands by FIFA.

Vancouver has been rejected as a Canadian option since it refused to comply with FIFA’s specifications that include tax waivers and placing agreements under Swiss law.

Rob Harris is at www.twitter.com/RobHarris plus www.facebook.com/RobHarrisReports

More AP World Cup insurance: www.apnews.com/tag/WorldCup